|Season (1 May 2018 - 15 Sept 2018)|
|Monday - Sunday||15:00||- 18:00|
* Closed 17 May
Self-guided with app. Bryggen, St. Mary's Church, the Norwegian Fisheries Museum, Old Bergen and Fjellveien. Tickets to the Fisheries Musum & Old Bergen.
Self-guided 3-hours trip through Bergen. Our app will guide you to Bryggen (The Hanseatic Warf), St. Mary's Church, the Norwegian Fisheries Museum, Gamle Bergen (Old Bergen Museum) and Fjellveien (mountain road) where you get a great view of the city.
Tickets to the Norwegian Fisheries Museum and Gamle Bergen (Old Bergen Museum) are included.
This tour is not very demanding. Most of the route is along bike trail and flat road. Be prepared to pass meeting cars. This is a self-guided trip, which means that you will be provided with an app, which guides you in the right direction and gives you information about the places you visit along the trail.
The tour is around 8,5 km long and takes approx. 3 hours.
Classification: green, easy
Bryggen (the Hanseatic Warf). Includes:
• St. Mary's Church
• The Norwegian Fisheries Museum
• Gamle Bergen Museum (Old Bergen Museum)
• Fjellveien (mountain road)
The bike tour starts in the city centre. You will bike north along the seaside, where your first stop will be at the Norwegian Fisheries Museum, a modern museum for history of the fisheries and coastal heritage. Here you will also find à la carte café and a museum shop.
Here you will find some of the best preserved seaside warehouses in Bergen. The stockfish warehouses are a unique cultural memorial from a time when Bergen was the centre of a stockfish trade that spanned the world. In the harbour, you will also find a variety of traditional boats.
The tour continues to Old Bergen Museum. In the 1800s Bergen was Europe’s biggest wooden city, a distinctive city environment with closely spaced wooden buildings, busy streets, markets and alleys. At Gamle Bergen open air museum you can experience some of this atmosphere, with houses from the eighteenth, nineteenth and twentieth centuries. Museum shop/café. The restaurant Gamle Bergen Tracteursted is open from June 1st to August 31: 12-17 (Mondays closed).
You continue up the to the mountain road “Fjellveien”. If the hill is too demanding for you, you can walk up. From Fjellveien you can enjoy the view of the city before you go back to the city and Bryggen. Bryggen, the old Hanseatic wharf, is a living treasure that figures prominently on UNESCO's World Heritage List.
We recommend you make a stop at the Norwegian Fisheries Museum, Gamle Bergen Museum (Old Bergen Museum) and Mariakirken (St. Mary's Church).
The tour takes approx. 3 hours.
• Flat bike road and downhill most of the route, but one hill up to Fjellveien.
• The route is approx. 8,5 km long.
• Rent of high quality city bike (Scott Sub Cross 45), helmet and lock for the bike.
• App with information about the places along the route.
• Ticket to the Norwegian Fisheries Museum.
• Ticket to the Gamle Bergen Museum (Old Bergen Museum)
• S: 150-170 cm
• M: 165-175 cm
• L: 170-185 cm
• XL: 185-195
• May 1st – September 30
• May 17: Closed
• Recommended age limit 12, due to traffic rules.
• Child (Age 12-15): NOK 490
• Adult (Age 16+): NOK 680
• Bikes and necessary equipment will be provided at Bergen Basecamp in the city centre.
• Bergen Base Camp will go through the equipment with you and adjust your bike before you leave.
What to wear and bring
• We recommend wearing sport shoes, warm and windproof clothing. Remember to dress according to the weather!
• Bring a bottle of water, camera and sunglasses.
• 10.00: Meet at Bergen Base Camp (Holmedalsgården 3, Bryggen) for equipment and information
• 10.30: Leaving Bergen Base Camp
• 11.00: the Norwegian Fisheries Museum (2 km)
• 11.30: Gamle Bergen Museum (Old Bergen Museum) (2 km)
• 12.00: Bryggen via Fjellveien (4,5 km)
• 13.00: Back at Bergen Base Camp, Holmedalsgården 3, Bryggen
This is a recommended itinerary, where we estimate that it takes 3 hours to do the tour. However, we would advise you to use more time at the Norwegian Fisheries Museum and Old Bergen Museum.
You can plan the day as you want to. You can also start later and you can do a faster tour, but please note that the bike must be delivered back to Bergen Base Camp at Bryggen before 19.
Opening hours Norwegian Fisheries Museum
• 01.04-30.04: Daily 11-15
• 01.05.-31.05: Daily 10-17
• 01.06-31.8: Daily 10-18
• 01.09-30.9: Daily 10-17
Opening hours Old Bergen Museum
• 01.05 - 12.05: Daily 10.00 - 15.00
• 13.05 - 09.09: Daily 09.00 - 16.00 Living Museum
• 17.05: Closed
Gamle Bergen Tracteursted – a la carte restaurant (Old Bergen)
• 01.06 - 31.08: Tuesday - Sunday: 10.00 - 17.00 (Monday closed)
• 17.05: Closed
• The tour can be booked until 14.00 the same day.
• Cancellation with full refund up to 48 hours before departure.
Bergen Base Camp, booking for active people. We offer different activities in Bergen for both large and smaller groups, like guided mountain hikes,...
Self-guided day trip with an app. Biking through Bergen and hiking at Mt Ulriken (643 metres). Includes Ulriken cable car and fresh packed lunch.
Day tour to Rosendal. Fjord cruise, kayak on the lake Møsevatn in front of the glacier and blue ice trip on Folgefonna Glacier.
Self-guided mountain hike from Mt Ulriken to Mt Fløyen. Incl. bus, Ulriken cable car, Fløibanen funicular, packed lunch at Mt Ulriken, soup at Mt...
Self-guided hiking trip at Mt Ulriken (643 metres) with an app which guides you. Includes bus to Mt Ulriken, Ulriken cable car and fresh packed lunch.
Self-guided Taste of Bergen Tour where you taste some of the local specialities while passing some of the oldest and most picturesque parts of Bergen.
Self-guided day trip with app to the composer Edvard Grieg's villa Troldhaugen. Gamlehaugen and Fantoft stave church. Incl. lunchtime concert and...
Join us for a guided tour of Bryggen and learn about the history of Bergen.
The Theta museum is the secret room of the Theta Group of the Resistance Movement during the occupation of Norway from 1940 to 1945. Their aim was to...
Bryggen is one of Bergen's and Norway's main attractions. Bryggen was built after the great fire in 1702 and is included on UNESCO's World Heritage...
Bergen Taxi is the local taxi company of Bergen. Focusing on high level of customer service and good reservation options.
Guided walks from Bryggen Museum among the old wooden buildings at Bryggen to the Hanseatic Museum.
Bryggens Museum display findings of the archaeological excavations of Bryggen from 1955 and contains the foundations of the oldest buildings in...
Enjoy the fjords on your own, or as a part of a small group with TSMY Weller, a 50- foot yacht. Experience the fjords and cost, with or without...
The Hanseatic Museum is one of the oldest wooden buildings in Bergen, furnished in 18th century style and shows the life of the Hanseatic merchants.
Entry to three museums and a shuttle bus service in between them - all in one ticket. Your ticket to Bergens UNESCO and maritime heritage.