|Season (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2023)|
Travel with Kystbussen from Stavanger, Haugesund or Leirvik to Bergen City Centre.
Kystbussen Express Bus between Bergen and Stavanger takes you easily from one city centre to another along the beautiful west coast of Norway. On the way you will get a chance to enjoy glistening fjords, snow covered peaks and idyllic small farms. In one day, you can both visit Stavanger, the oil capital of Norway, and Bergen, the city between the 7 mountains. Lean back and enjoy the outstanding nature along the way- while we handle the driving!
Our modern buses are equipped with comfortable seats, power sockets and WC on board. The trip between Bergen, Leirvik and Haugesund includes a ferry trip across the Bjørnefjord (approx. 40 minutes crossing), and the trip between Bergen and Stavanger also includes a ferry across the Boknafjord (22 minutes crossing). Several underwater tunnels are also a part of the trip.
Kystbussen has frequent departures in both directions all day, all week. Click here to search for your journey.
Main stops along the route:
Bergen: Bus station, platform N
Leirvik: Bus terminal
Haugesund: Bus terminal
Bergen Leirvik: approx. 2 hours 15 minutes
Bergen-Haugesund: approx. 3 hours 15 minutes
Bergen-Stavanger: from 4,5 hours
* travel time can vary slightly depending on route
• All our departures does not stop in Haugesund. Please check the travel planner.
• You have two pieces of luggage included in your ticket (max 30 kilos). You can also book space for additional luggage. For each piece of extra luggage, we charge 50 NOK. Read more here.
• You can reserve a child seat when booking your ticket. There will be 1-2 seats available for each departure, but we can only guarantee a free seat if booked in advance. The seats are for children between the age of 1 and 4 years. For children under 8 kilos, we recommend that you bring your own seat. In addition, we have two booster seats available for older children.
• Foldable strollers can be stored in the luggage rooms underneath the bus
• You can reserve a space for your bike (normal or electric bike) by adding it to your ticket. An additional fee of 270 NOK will be added to your ticket. There is only space for 1-2 bikes on each bus, so make sure you book early. Read more here
• The ferry ticket is included in the bus ticket
• You cannot bring animals in our buses
• Most of our buses have a wheelchair lift. If you are in need of special assistance (f.ex. with wheelchair in and out of the bus) please contact us before 15 p.m. at the day before departure here.
Experience masterpieces from Norwegian art history by Edvard Munch, Harriet Backer, Nikolai Astrup and J. C. Dahl. Four buildings, one entrance…
Founded in the 15th c., St. George’s was a hospital for lepers until the middle of the 20th c. The present day buildings date back to the 18th c.
Bergen Kunsthall is one of Norway’s premier arenas for contemporary art. Variety of exhibitions from international and Norwegian artists.
Ado Arena is located in the center of Bergen, close to the bus station, railway station and Bybane stop. AdO is Norway's main area for swimming and…
Bergen Cathedral is nearly 900 years old. It started as a church dedicated to Olav the Holy, Norway’s patron saint, around year 1150.
From catechism to flannel boards - Norways oldest school building.
In the Museum Garden you will find many different flowers, perennials, shrubs and trees in a beautiful green botanical garden, right in the center of…
Kunsthall 3,14 question the present for the future
Collections ranging form the Age of antiquity and the Middle Ages right up to the present day.
Join us for a fascinating museum tour to learn about Norway’s relationship with the sea over thousands of years, richly illustrated by beautiful…
The picturesque Fish Market in Bergen is one of Norway's most visited outdoors markets. The Fish Market sells seafood, fruit and vegetables.
The high-tech dissemination center takes You on a journey into the German occupiers ideological view and some of its brutal consequences.
At the science centre VilVite, you can explore science and technology. In the large exhibition both children and adults can play, learn, and have fun…
Take the Floibanen funicular to the top of Mount Fløyen! Check out the spectacular view of the city, play in the Troll Forest or walk exciting nature…
The very first buildings in Bergen were situated at Bryggen, which has been a vibrant and important area of the city for many centuries.
The Hanseatic merchants are long gone, and no longer part of the hustle and bustle of Bryggen, but you can still experience this unique place, which…