|Season (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
Self-guided Taste of Bergen Tour where you taste some of the local specialities while passing some of the oldest and most picturesque parts of Bergen.
Experience eco-friendly samples of traditional and authentic Norwegian food in exciting places and restaurants in Bergen, a UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy.
This is a self-guided tour, which means that you will be provided with an app that guides you through the city and gives you information about the places you visit along the route. A self-guided tour gives you freedom to enjoy the food and the city at your own pace.
While you taste our local specialities, you will get information about the ingredients and the cooking.
During the tour, we recommend that you visit some of the museums, art galleries and churches you pass.
Eco Food Tour
Taste of Bergen is a food tour with only local ingredients and traditional food. In addition, we will show examples of how to be a more sustainable consumer.
The tour is around 3,5 km and takes approx. 3-5 hours.
You can visit the restaurants between 11.00 and 16.00.
Bergen - City of Gastronomy
11. December 2015 UNESCO designated Bergen as a City of Gastronomy, member of the UNESCO Creative Cities Network. Bergen will along with 17 other Cities of Gastronomy work locally and collaborate internationally on how to use food, creativity, gastronomy and sustainability as a creative driver for urban and regional development.
Bergen is a vibrant port city at the gateway of the fjords. The second largest city of the country with 275, 000 inhabitants, it has a long history in international trade in seafood, reflected in its traditional and coastal gastronomy. The city’s food culture originating from sea biodiversity is considered the most sustainable in Europe. Deeply linked to healthy nutrition, gastronomy in Bergen thrives on organic food, the production of which is supported by more than 3,000 farmers and 200 artisan food entrepreneurs. In addition to this, another 6,500 people are employed by the aquaculture industry and fisheries.
Organic food and sustainable seafood are at the core of the city’s cultural identity and development.
The UNESCO Creative Cities Network
The UNESCO Creative Cities Network (UCCN) was created in 2004 to promote cooperation with and among cities that have identified creativity as a strategic factor for sustainable urban development. The 116 cities which currently make up this network work together towards a common objective: placing creativity and cultural industries at the heart of their development plans at a local level and cooperating actively an international level.
• Samples of local food in Bergen. For some the tastes will be enough for lunch. But more food is available at an extra cost. The last place you visit is a perfect place to spend some more time. Allergies: Tastes contain fish, milk and / or wheat gluten and eggs. Menus are labeled with allergens but unfortunately we do not have the capacity to make alternatives outside of the set menu.
• Tap water (fresh and completely safe in Norway)
• App with information about the places along the route
• Other drinks, except tap water, are not included
• Entrance to museums etc.
• All year
• 17 May and Christmas holiday: Closed
• May-June: Tuesday-Saturday
• July: Tuesday-Sunday
• July 17-27: Closed
• August-April: Tuesday-Saturday
• The Taste of Bergen Tour welcomes food-lovers of all ages.
• Meet at Bergen Base Camp for downloading of the Mobil App, pick up of vouchers for the restaurants and information about the tour. Here at the UNESCO World Heritage Site Bryggen, the old Hanseatic wharf, you will also get your first taste.
• We estimate that it takes 2–4 hours to do the tour.
• You can visit the restaurants between 11.00 and 16.00.
• The tour can be booked until 13.00 the same day.
• Cancellation with full refund up to 48 hours before departure. Cancellation fee NOK 50 per person.
Bergen Base Camp, booking for active people. We offer different activities in Bergen for both large and smaller groups, like guided mountain hikes,...
Self-guided day trip with an app. Biking through Bergen and hiking at Mt Ulriken (643 metres). Includes Ulriken cable car and fresh packed lunch.
Day tour to Rosendal. Fjord cruise, kayak on the lake Møsevatn in front of the glacier and blue ice trip on Folgefonna Glacier.
New Scott trekking, road and E-bikes. Mobile App with information about routes through the city and the routes for UCI 2017 Road World Championships.
Self-guided mountain hike from Mt Ulriken to Mt Fløyen. Incl. bus, Ulriken cable car, Fløibanen funicular, packed lunch at Mt Ulriken, soup at Mt...
Self-guided hiking trip at Mt Ulriken (643 metres) with an app which guides you. Includes bus to Mt Ulriken, Ulriken cable car and fresh packed lunch.
Self-guided with app. Bryggen, St. Mary's Church, the Norwegian Fisheries Museum, Old Bergen and Fjellveien. Tickets to the Fisheries Musum & Old...
Self-guided day trip with app to the composer Edvard Grieg's villa Troldhaugen. Gamlehaugen and Fantoft stave church. Incl. lunchtime concert and...
Join us for a guided tour of Bryggen and learn about the history of Bergen.
The Theta museum is the secret room of the Theta Group of the Resistance Movement during the occupation of Norway from 1940 to 1945. Their aim was to...
Bryggen is one of Bergen's and Norway's main attractions. Bryggen was built after the great fire in 1702 and is included on UNESCO's World Heritage...
Bergen Taxi is the local taxi company of Bergen. Focusing on high level of customer service and good reservation options.
Guided walks from Bryggen Museum among the old wooden buildings at Bryggen to the Hanseatic Museum.
Bryggens Museum display findings of the archaeological excavations of Bryggen from 1955 and contains the foundations of the oldest buildings in...
Enjoy the fjords on your own, or as a part of a small group with TSMY Weller, a 50- foot yacht. Experience the fjords and cost, with or without...
The Hanseatic Museum is one of the oldest wooden buildings in Bergen, furnished in 18th century style and shows the life of the Hanseatic merchants.